Here’s how I spent my Winter Break.
- Udacity’s Web-development course: covering HTTP, forms, databases, authentication, sessions and Google App Engine
- Berkeley’s CS169 (Software Engineering) edX course
- Jekyll: Acquired proficiency the Jekyll framework for my personal website
- RubyMonk: completed the Ruby Primer course
- Rails for Zombies: completed CodeSchool’s introductory Rails course
- jQuery Air: First Flight: CodeSchool’s jQuery course
- NJAUMC organizational website: volunteering to develop a web presence for a summer camp I’ve participated, counseled, and directed.
- Consider the Lobster and other essays, David Foster Wallace
- Code Complete, Steve McConnell
- Don’t Make Me Think, Steve Krug
- A Supposedly Fun Thing I’ll Never Do Again and other essays, David Foster Wallace
- Google Reader (Lifehacker, Co.Design, Design Observer, It’s Nice That, swissmiss etc.)
- Hacker News